How ISO Certification will help in electrical and electronic business.
The ISO Certifications aims at providing a global standard that spells out quality, environment, Occupational health and safety, information security, and trust. And the international standard that defines the requirement for various standard like QMS,EMS, IMS, OH&SMS,CMS , IATF and OHSAS (Note: these standards are applicable for electrical and electronic products and services).Business use the standards to show their ability to continuously provide products and services that meet customer and statutory and regulatory requirement and enhance the customer satisfaction.
Across the world electrical and electronics industry is the most developing in vigorous way and extremely diversified sector consisting of manufacturers, suppliers, dealers, retailers, electrical engineers, electricians, electronic equipment manufacturers, and trade unions. This sector has been developing at a rapid pace with the invention of innovative technologies and an ever-increasing customer inclination towards electrical & electronics goods and their services.
Any machine powered by electricity is dependent on the fail safe functioning of electrical switchboards, distribution boards, circuit breakers, meters, semiconductors, transducers, transformers, resistors, diodes, capacitors, integrated circuits, and so on and a host of other electrical components. And ensuring these systems function correctly is crucial.
To be certified, a recognised, independent body has to evaluate your business against the requirements of the standard and verify that your organisation meets those requirements. That’s where an ISO certification can put you a step above your competition. It tells your customer and interested parties your company has a system to control, measure and improve your core business processes to improve business performance, boost repeat business, enhance competitive edge, increase market share and customer satisfaction.
Which ISO Certifications are best for electrical and electronic industry?
The ISO Certifications for electrical and electronic industry are as below:
ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management system
This is a quality management system standard and is applicable to all type of organizations. ISO 9001:2015 Standard is widely recognized standard to specify requirements for Quality Management System in all industries. ISO 9001:2015 Standard provides effective Risk Assurance based Quality Management System focusing on QMS principles enhancement in Customer Satisfaction, Leadership, Engagement of People, Process Approach, Improvement, Evidence based Decision Making and Relationship Management. ISO 9001:2015 enables Risk based thinking while implementing QMS,
ISO 9001:2015 certification verifies Quality is extent of suitability for compliance and fulfilment of requirements stated by customer, inherent characteristics and statutory and
regulatory requirements of products and services as per Quality Management System requirements.
ISO 14001:2015 – Environmental Management System
ISO 14001:2015 standard is applicable to any organization, regardless of size, type and nature, and applies to the environmental aspects of its activities, Products and services that the organization determines it can either control and influence considering a life cycle perspective. It is designed to establish an internationally accepted framework for Environmental evaluation, risk assessment, environmental performance measurement
to protect environment and to respond to changing environmental situations for socio-economic needs.ISO 14001:2015 does not state specific environmental performance criteria.
This ISO Certification to ensure the extent of effectiveness of Environmental Management System of an organization.
OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management
OHSAS 18001:2007 certification enables organizations to manage operational health and safety risk, medical surveillance in hazardous area and improve performance of employee.
OHSAS 18001:2007 addresses the following key areas:
- Legal and other requirements
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and determining controls
- Legal and other requirements
- Objectives and OHS program(s)
- Competence, training and awareness
- Resources, roles, responsibility, accountability and authority
- Competence, training and awareness
- Communication, participation and consultation
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring and improvement
Demonstrate your commitment to employee health and safety with an OHSAS 18001:2007 certification audit of your occupational health and safety management system.
ISO 45001:2018 – Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 45001:2018 shows several common parts with OSHAS 18001. Now, the new ISO 45001:2018 include:
- Leadership – Higher commitment from Top Management in all the process.
- Risk Management – Increasing awareness of its OH&S hazards and risk, and associated operational controls, through information, communication and training.
- Integrated approach – Integration of the OH&S management system into the organisation’s business processes
ISO 27001:2013 – Information Security Management System
It is a significant and internationally recognized standard, and requires a company to adopt a systematic method for identifying risks for its information security.
ISO 27001:2013 certification is an important achievement and shows that the company immediately adopts the modern technological evolutions. It emphasizes electrical and electronics’ commitment in terms of Information Security and testifies to its interested parties and customers that confidentiality ensuring, availability and integrity of information managed, is on the top of its priorities.
A certified ISO 27001 compliant to International Standard demonstrates that information is suitably protected. ISMS reduce critical security risks of organizations’ informational assets, ISO 27001:2013 Controls and Objectives and make a framework to protect those assets. It sets standard for handling of Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability of Informational Assets which safeguard, controls and manages ISMS ISO 27001:2013 Objectives through effective ISMS Audit.
This international standard is applicable to all types of organizations irrespective of size, nature or geography such as Hospital, Health Care, Trading, Manufacturing, Service Companies, Software Companies, Medical Device.
ISO 10002:2014 – Compliant Management System
This international standard provides guidance for the design and implementation of effective and efficient complaints – handling process for all types of commercial or non-commercial activities including those related to electronic products within an organization, including planning, design, operation, maintenance and improvement. It is intended to benefit an organization and its customers, complaints, and other interested parties.
This International standard provides a framework that the information obtained through the complaints handling process can lead to:
- Improvement in products and processes,
- Redressal of complaints,
- Improve the reputation of organization,
This international standard is relevant to any organization that wishes to exceed customer expectations, a basic requirement for businesses of all types and sizes, whether they’re in the private, public or voluntary sectors and is applicable to all types of organizations irrespective of size, nature or geography.
What are the benefits of going for ISO Certifications?
- Suitable for both small and large organizations
- Can increase employee engagement in the knowledge that they are working in an environmentally friendly organisation
- Shows you are a responsible future focused organisation
- Proof of the existence of a formal and functional information security management system.
- Better internal management
- Save money and time
- Less wastage
- Increase in efficiency, productivity and profit
- Improved customer retention and acquisition
- Consistent outcomes, measured and monitored
- Minimises mistakes, risk of injury and accidents.
- Increase your competitiveness
- Improves reporting and communications
- Better quality products and services
- More reliable production scheduling and delivery
- Gain market recognition
How can SIS Certifications help you to get certified?
SIS Certifications is a trusted provider of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 27001, ISO 45001 and ISO 10002 certification services.
SIS is a leading provider of ISO certification services. We have dedicated and experienced auditors across the globe can speak your language and help you explore the possibility of integrating your ISO 9001, 14001 and ISO 45001 certification initiative with other management systems and regulatory requirements in electronic and electrical sector worldwide. Through worldwide network of professionals, we can provide certification services no matter where you are. Our experts adopt a holistic approach for all of your certification needs to multiple international standards.
The process of management certification as follows:
The client shall apply for the system certification using Application form for registration –
Any interested party may contact offices by sending Audit Application Form for the standard. Audit application form shall be reviewed for completeness and verified with competence and accreditation before sending the quote.
Certification audit is divided into two parts
- Stage I audit – Preparedness and review.
- Stage II audit – Compliance Verification.
- After the opening meeting, the auditors shall take adequate samples and evaluate the samples against the requirement of standard and documentation of client as well by a personal interview.
- The auditors shall convey their findings and results in the closing meeting. After receiving compliances or findings, the audit documentation is forwarded to the Certification department.
- The audit documentation is independently reviewed and checked for correctness and completeness.
- The decision for audit is taken by the certification department at the Head Office.
- The client will be awarded the certificate after successful completion of the audit.
Surveillance follows up audits:
- Generally, lesser duration audits to be planned.
- The surveillance frequency is generally 6 monthly or 9 monthly or one year.
- The purpose is to ensure continuous compliance to the system and cover all the elements in the span of one certification cycle.
Repeat Audit (Recertification):
- The audit after completion of one cycle (generally 3 years for certification).
- In this audit, all the elements are audited and the duration for this audit may be lesser as compared to the initial Certification Audit (if the employee strength is the same).
Amendment in Scope of certification, Site and Transfer Audits:
Another type of audit includes expansion / reduction of scope of certification, and addition / deletion of sites & transfer (Accreditation Board or Certification Body). A separate audit planning is to be done. However, the audit process and the result remains the same as given in the Certification Audit.