OHSAS 18001 Certification
OH&S 18001:2007-OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
OHSAS 18001:2007 Certification should be a planned Decision of any Organization.
The level of implementation depends on various things such as-
- Present Policy, Procedure & Practice
- Organizational Health and Safety Issue
- Occupational and Safety Objective of organisation
- Scope (Activities, Products or Services) of OHSAS of Organisation
- Present safety regulations and implemented safety systems
- Level of hazards in the organization and the level of controls to prevent the occupational safety hazards.
- Legal & Regulatory Requirement
OHSAS 180001 Certification – “Occupational Health and Safety”. OHSAS 18001 Certification basically focus what the organization do to fulfill.
- Employees Safety Requirements,
- Applicable Legal & Regulatory requirements,
- Develop Health and Safety Environment, and
- Attain Continual Improvement of its Accident and Incident performances.
BENEFITS OF OH&S 18001 Certification
- Improved corporate picture and validity among partners, controllers, clients, imminent customers and people in general.
- Reception of global best practice in connection to chance management .
- Minimization of liability of employers through adoption of proactive rather than reactive controls .
- Ensures legislative awareness and compliance .
- Reduces incident rates by reducing & elimination workplace hazards .
- Improves the incident investigation process .
APPLICABILITY OF OH&S 18001 Certification
The OH&S 18001 Certification- Health and Safety Management System standard applies to almost all the industries irrespective of the size and nature of the organization. Areas such as manufacturing, processing, printing, forestry, electronics, food processing, financial services, banking, retailing, drilling, recycling, aerospace, construction, exploration, textiles, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, plum and paper, publishing, petrochemicals, shipping, mining, telecommunications, plastics, metals, research health care, hospitality, utilities, aviation, machine tools, agriculture, government, education, fabrication, sanitation, consumer products, transportation, biotechnology, chemicals, and various other types of industries can opt to OH&S 18001 certification.
Road map for OHSAS 18001 Certification
Road map and plan for OHSAS 18001 Certification basically depend on various factor, but mainly following are the main factors of the OHSAS 18001 Certification.
- Identification of the OHSAS 18001 requirements relevant to your organization
- Decision for OHSAS Implementation
- Gap Analysis.
- Expert Views
- Implementation plan
- Allocation of the responsibilities
- Review of the implemented system as per the milestones
- Training as per the OHSAS 18001:2007 Standard
- Internal Audit of the system
- Management review on the requirements and achievement of the system
- Closure of the proposed actions in the MRM and Internal audits
After all the above steps for getting ready for the OHSAS 18001 Certification, Send the Filled application form to SIS Certifications.
Once the Application form is received by SIS Certifications, the below actions & process shall be adopted-
- Review of the OHSAS 18001 application form
- Quotation for OHSAS 18001 Certification generation
- Agreement Sign
- Stage 1 Audit-Pre-Assessment Visit-Documentation and planning status check review
- Stage 2 audit- Final process audit to verify the implementation of OHSAS 18001 Certification Standard
- Conclusion of N.C and Payment receipt at significant stages
- Special audit (If Required)
- Surveillance audits- to see if the standard- OHSAS 18001:2007 is well followed and implemented
- Re-Certification after completion of the cycle of certification
Integrated Management System
OHSAS 18001 Certification may be integrated with other similar standards
- QMS- ISO 9001 Certification
- EMS-ISO 14001 Certification
- ISO 22000 Certification
- ISO 27001 Certification
- ISO 13485 Certification
- ISO 50001 Certification
- ISO 37001 Certification
- HACCP Certification