What is ISO 17025 Certification ?
ISO 17025 Certification is the internationally recognized standard developed specifically for testing and calibration laboratories. The current release was published in 2005. Broadly ISO 17025 Certification includes the testing and calibration done according to the global standard methods, non-standard methods, and laboratory-developed methods.
ISO 17025 Certification is one of the most significant accreditations for the laboratories. It is viable for all types of laboratories, universities, and research centers that works in testing and calibration. ISO 17025 Certification holds to claim the technical competency by management and technical requirements that enable a testing or calibration laboratory. Accreditation of ISO/IEC 17025 Certification will help to showcase that your procedures are regulated by standardized protocols.
ISO 17025 Certification efficiency and consistency to the organization. The certification is applicable for all the organizations dealing with testing irrespective of the size.
Laboratories can exhibit compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 Certification at assessment have demonstrated they continuously operate regulatory management practices and are technically are competent to perform specific tests, calibrations and/or measurements as well as at the same time are able to generate technically valid outcomes for which they acquire the accreditation.
To maintain the recognition of ISO 17025 Certification, thorough re-evaluation and assessment of the laboratories is conducted to keep a check on whether they are consistently adopting the procedures for producing quality products or not. Also the management system is evaluated for assessing the regulatory practices. During the regular reassessments, the organizations need to participate in testing programs which will demonstrate their strengths and weaknesses.
Advantages of ISO 17025 Certification : -
ISO 17025 Certification has the potential to bring a number of benefits to your organization.
- Helps to boost up the self confidence after acquiring the globally recognized standard
- Potential to increase the profitability
- Enhances the consumer satisfaction
- Opens door to international market
- Helps to showcase that you produce reliable products
- Builds a positive brand image
- Improves the reputation in national as well as international market
- Reduction in cost
- Opportunity of acquiring globally recognized standard
- Increases reliability
- Better corporate image
Requirements of acquiring ISO 17025 Certification : -
There are two basic requirement for accomplishment of ISO 17025 Certification in your organization which are management and technical requirement.
- Management Requirement: The laboratories need to take utmost care of inculcating quality management in their functioning system. According to ISO 17025 Certification, the organizations to grow consistently and improve themselves. The customers will relay on the organization which makes sure that their practices are safe. The management requirements also include building of keen relationship with customers, government, stakeholders and other laboratories. The reassessment will enhance the capabilities of organization and assist to formulate procedures for improvement.
- Technical Requirement: Technical requirements of ISO 10725 Certification address a number of issues, including:
- The competence of staff
- Testing methods you use
- Types of equipment you use
ISO 17025 Certification also includes the quality, and reporting of test and calibration results. Before acquiring the standard, though evaluation is done. The evaluation will bring the strengths and weaknesses which the organizations can work up on. The challenges and obstacles once settled will bring efficiency and effectiveness.
The process of ISO 17025 Certification : -
To accomplish ISO 17025 Certification, you need to complete the process of 10 sections. The first 3 are basic and non-auditable whereas the later ones are necessary prerequisites. The seven principles are:
- Clause 4: Context of the association- the section covers the requirements for distinguishing external and internal issues. It also includes the need for the individuals to incorporate administrative requirements as per the requirement of the standard.
- Clause 5: Leadership- The requirement for top administration to be instrumental in the operation of the regulation and norms of the standard.
- Clause 6: Planning- By Failing to plan, you are planning to fail. The administrators should take decision and responsibility to practice and accumulate the continuous procedures of the Standards. Dangers and chances in the association should be evaluated, and quality targets for development should be distinguished to achieve the goals.
- Clause 7: Support- in this section, the organizations need to incorporate prerequisites around capability, mindfulness, correspondence, and controlling reported data. Controlling the assets, including HR, structures and framework, workplace, observations and estimation of assets, and hierarchical information falls under this area.
- Clause 8: Operation- This module manages all required arrangements and production of the item or service. It includes the prerequisites for arranging item necessities audit, structure, controlling the outside suppliers, making and discharging the item or administration, and supervising nonconforming procedure outputs.
- Clause 9: Performance assessment– the observation and estimation your procedures, surveying consumer loyalty, internal audits, and continuous administration audit.
- Clause 10: Improvement- This last segment consolidates the necessities to refine the existing system after a certain period of time. Providing guidance to the need of survey process dissension and advising to take restorative activities for forms come under part.