With the digitization and computerization of almost every activity, the Information Technology industry has become gigantic in recent times. It goes without saying that the IT organizations should commit to delivering efficient services that ensure customer satisfaction in order to gain a competitive advantage in the market. For this reason, implementing a management system as per the international standard can be hugely beneficial. The International Organization for Standardization publishes a set of ISO Certification for IT Industry that ensures the quality and efficiency of a business. Registering to such international standards helps IT organizations establish their credibility in the market.
ISO standards that are applicable for IT industry
ISO 9001 Standard
ISO 9001 helps in the implementation of a quality management system in an organization. This standard can be applied to any organization irrespective of the sector that they belong to. For IT industries, it helps in ensuring the quality of services.
ISO 14001 Standard
Every industry, including the IT sector, is required to demonstrate their commitment for a sustainable environment. For that purpose, ISO 14001 certification can act as a proof of your commitment towards the environment as well as compliance towards related regulations.
ISO 45001 Standard
Occupational safety of the employees has a direct relation with productivity. With ISO 45001 certification an IT company can demonstrate its commitment for providing a safe work environment for its staff.
ISO 27001 Standard
ISO 27001 standard helps in the implementation of Information security management systems that ensures the safety and privacy of data stored within the organizations. The IT sector deals with a huge amount of online data that needs to be protected against any breach or loss.
ISO 22301 Standard
This standard helps in the implementation of Business Continuity Management System in an organization and helps them in identifying and eliminating any risk that can affect the continuity of business.
ISO 27701 Standard
This standard is a data privacy extension of ISO 27001 and helps the organizations with their GDPR compliance. It is also called PIMS (Privacy Information Management System) and it sets a framework for Personally Identifiable Information (PII) controllers and processors for data management.
Benefits of ISO Certification for IT industry
ISO Certification process for IT Industry
- Application & contract
- Audit team Assignment
- Document view
- Certification Audit Independent review
- Notification of Certification
- Surveillance audit
The certification process goes further. click here to view the next steps to ISO certification Process
ISO certifications have huge significance across a varied range of industries. They not only help in improving the processes within the organization, but also ensure a smooth flow of services throughout the supply chain. Know more about Sis Certifications: https://www.youtube.com/c/SISCert
What are the ISO requirements for the Information Technology Industry?
- ISO 9001 Standard: Quality Management System.
- ISO 14001 Standard: Environmental Management System.
- ISO 45001 Standard: Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- ISO 27001 Standard: Information Security Management System
- ISO 22301 Standard: Business Continuity Management Systems
How do we become ISO Certified for the Information Technology Industry?
- Firstly, you need to prepare all the relevant information about your company in a systematized way (It is always best and safe to hire a legal consultant.)
- Secondly, you need to document all the relevant information about your business.
- Thirdly, you have to implement all the documented information in your organization.
- Fourthly, get ready for the internal audits which are performed first during the certification process and then periodically after.
- Lastly, if the certifying body approves your management system then you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How long is an ISO certificate valid for?
How can I apply for ISO Certification for the Information Technology Industry?
- Firstly, select the type of ISO certification you want for your Information Technology Industry.
- Secondly, selecting a recognized and credible ISO certification body (ISO Registrar)
- Thirdly, make an application in the prescribed form which should include liability issues, confidentiality, and access rights.
- Fourthly, the ISO certification body will review all the documents related to various policies and procedures being followed in the organization. If there are any existing gaps, the applicant has to prepare an action plan to eliminate these gaps.
- Then, the ISO registrar will conduct a physical onsite inspection to audit the changes made in the organization.
- As soon as the certifying body approves your management system, you will be awarded the required ISO standard.
How much does it cost for ISO certification?
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO Certifications.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
The common and the best way to include the essence of ISO 22301 in ISO 27001 is by using the...
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...
SIS Certifications has certified ITALCED & NOIR companies with ISO 37001 Standard. ISO 37001 is the worldwide standard for Anti-Bribery...