What is Safety Audit?
A safety audit checklist an organization’s health by conducting an in-depth and impartial review of its health and safety programs and processes. The safety audit report highlights the effectiveness of the safety programs of the organization as well as their reliability in ensuring a safe work environment.
Types of Safety Audits
The safety audit helps an organization evaluate its safety program, and there are three types of safety audits. These are:
- Compliance Audit – Compliance audit reviews and evaluates the organization’s compliance with all the laws and regulations related to workplace safety.
- Program Audit – It evaluates the effectiveness of a safety program, as it reviews all the safety programs and their practical implementation.
- Management Audit – It is a combination of compliance audit and program audit and simultaneously reviews the organization’s safety policies. It takes employe feedback to gain a better understanding of the safety measures and evaluates the organization’s compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
The Safety Audit Checklist
A safety audit checklist aims to detect the areas of potential risks and hazards associated with workplace safety. The safety audit checklist is as follows :-
- Evaluating compact spaces, height areas and restricted areas.
- Review electricity, compressed air spaces and slippery areas
- Detecting the existence of harmful gases, asbestos, dust and airborne particles.
- Review risks associated with working around water, vehicular movement, manual handling, and overhead hazards.
- Defining risks level in the category of likelihood, severity and risk rating.
- Recommending control measures for common hazards and risks.
Who Needs Safety Audit Checklist
The safety audit checklist is significant for almost every organization. Because of the following reasons:
- It applies to almost every organization irrespective of size, nature and location. The following organization need a safety audit checklist –
– Educational institutions
- Helps organizations in avoiding regulatory fines and penalties due to non-compliance as it reviews an organization’s compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Management System and other regulations and standards related to work safety.
What are the benefits of safety audits of an organization?
Although every safety audit is different as it varies from one organization to another. With safety audits, your organization can be benefited in the following ways :-
- Tracking of the effectiveness of the organization’s safety programs.
- Compliance with regulatory and industry requirements regarding the health and safety of the organization.
- Identification and assessment of the potential hazard and preparation of their prevention and mitigation procedures.
- Establishment of communication and emergency procedures.
- Comprehensive and effective safety training for the employees.
- Alignment of safety program with the company’s goals.
What to Include in Your Checklist
The safety audit aims to identify hazards and risks related to workplaces and suggest appropriate controls to create safe and healthy workplaces. An organization needs to include the following details in its checklist : –
- Work Process – It helps users to identify the risk associated with the processes and procedures and demonstrates that your organization implement effective controls to ensure the safety of the employees.
- Fire Emergency – An organization must include safety measures to prevent fire hazards and formulate an adequate evacuation plan.
- Loading and Unloading – If the organization deals in the regular loading and unloading of products, then it needs to review processes and procedures to ensure safety during the process.
- Lightening and Electrical – Adequate lighting is necessary to maintain workplace safety as it impacts productivity and safety.
- Tools and Machinery – If your organization deals with heavy machinery, vehicles and tools, then it requires implementing appropriate tools to ensure workplace safety.
Process of safety audit:
- Fill the application form – You will be required to fill the application form provided by us. This form will seek information about the type of your work, the size of your organization, etc.
- Review of the application – Our operations team will review every aspect of your organization by analyzing the information provided by you. On its basis, we will quote the best price for you.
- Performance of the audit – One of our auditors will visit your organization and conduct documentation reviews, walkthroughs, inspections, and interviews (as and when required).
- Report Submission – Based on the audit, the auditor will submit a detailed report of the same.
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO Certifications.
LATEST NEWS & BLOGS
There can be petty corruption which affects the fundamental rights and services of the public and grand corruption scandals. India...
becoming ISO certified in India is a rewarding achievement for any organization. The process of acquiring one is complex, but...
The ISO 22301 certification is an internationally accredited standard by the International Organization for Standardization. ISO 22301 Certification is a...
Questions in mind before applying for ISO Certification in your organization? we have the answers to your questions about ISO...
Have a look at ISO 9001:2015 mandatory documentation list for implementing Quality Management Systems in your organization.
ISO represents the International Organization for Standardization, a nongovernmental organization that develops standards for products and services’ quality, safety, and...
It is very profitable to start a spice business in India. you will need basic materials & machinery to start...
Documents required to start a food business in India - A FSSAI Certificate Store Establishment License Layout and site plan...
Hotel and Restaurant Associations of India (FHRAI) achieved dual ISO certifications- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 27001:2013.
Both ISO 22301 and ISO 27001 follow a common High -level Structure (HLS) that makes it easier to integrate the...