What is Energy Audit?
Energy Audit is a process in which all the energy flow in the system is identified and quantification of energy usage according to its discrete function is done. It aims to balance the input and output of energy. Along with helping in improving the operating and maintenance practices of the system, Energy Audits helps in pollution control, cost optimization, and other safety aspects.
An energy audit helps in shielding an organization from fluctuation in energy cost availability. It also helps in deciding appropriate energy mix, enables reliability of energy supply, and encourages the usage of better equipment and technology for energy conservation.
Why Energy Audits ?
- It reduces energy losses up to 80% which translates to savings in energy cost by 7% to 10%.
- It assists in saving energy with the least investment or investment with good ROI.
What benefits the Energy Audits can bring to business?
- Reduce energy costs of the organization.
- With reduced energy cost, the production cost is reduced, which makes the organization more competitive.
- Dependence on imports for energy is reduced.
- Reduce pollution and environmental damage.
- Energy security is increased.
Applicable to :
Cement, Iron and Steel, Sugar, Fertilizer, Pharmaceuticals , Paper and Pulp, high-rise buildings, Power Plants, malls, commercial establishments, hospitals, and IT companies Facility management companies.
Types of Energy Audit:
Preliminary Energy Audit : It is essentially a data-gathering exercise in the preliminary stage, as well as its analysis. It uses just the available data and limited diagnostic instruments for the audit.
Detailed Energy Audit : The detailed audit can be understood as the verification, monitoring, and analysis of the use of energy, and suggest an action plan for reducing the energy consumption through a technical report. Thus, it goes beyond quantitative estimates. The detailed energy audit is performed after the preliminary energy audit. Here, sophisticated instrumentation such as flow meter, flue gas analyzer. and scanner is used for computing energy efficiency.
Scope of work for detailed Energy Audit:
- Data Collection,
- A B C Analysis,
- Field Study,
- Data Collation and Analysis,
- Report Preparation and submission.
- Electrical utility
- Thermal utility
Looking for ISO Certification or Training Services?
Join one of the India’s leading ISO certification bodies for a straightforward and cost-effective route to ISO Certifications.