ISO 26000 - Social Responsibility
This direction record establishes a venturing stone for associations in both people in general and private areas who need to execute ISO 26000 as a method for accomplishing the advantages of working in a socially capable way. ISO 26000 Certification is a standard that plots a lot of core values for corporate social responsibility.
It is imperative to take note that ISO 26000 is proposed to give direction, instead of explicit necessities. It aims to assist companies with understanding and unmistakably characterize what social responsibility intends to them, and offer rules to help with the arrangement of best practice standards and noteworthy arrangements.
IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY?
People all over the world are becoming increasingly aware of the requirement of social responsibility. It does not wholly depend on which industry or sector one comes from. The only thing that matters is how much you are concerned about your surroundings. We live in an ecosystem that gives us everything that one requires so it’s our sole responsibility to do something for it. Nowadays while analyzing or reviewing any company people are focusing on social activities the company has performed or taken part in. We cannot neglect the need of becoming responsible towards our environment. In these times various stakeholders, clients and other people are doing interpretation of organization on the basis of their social activities and intent to support our environment ecosystem.
WHO SHOULD USE ISO 26000?
ISO 26000 is aimed at any and all organizations, regardless of location, activity, or size like other ISO 9001, ISO 14001 standards.
By encouraging businesses and organizations to require social responsibility seriously, ISO 26000 helps contribute to global sustainable development.
WHICH INDUSTRIES SHOULD IMPLEMENT ISO 26000 CERTIFICATION?
ISO 26000 Standard is additionally applicable to all or any sorts of organizations no matter size, nature or geography like Hospital, Health Care, Trading, Manufacturing, Service Companies, Software Companies, and Medical Device. Also one should go with proper certification process in order to add value to their particular industry.
CORE SUBJECTS THAT ISO 26000 COVERS?
1. Organizational Governance: is a criterion on the basis of which any firm makes any decision and tries to implement them accordingly in order to achieve their goals. It is the most important point for ensuring that an organization takes responsibility for its future activities and their impact. This should be the initial phase for starting social responsibility behavior in any organization.
2. Human Rights are the significant and extremely beginning right that every individual ought to follow. These are the two primary classifications .The principal classification centers about the privilege to life and freedom, uniformity under the steady gaze of the law and opportunity of articulation. The subsequent class centers around the option to work, the privilege to food, the privilege to the most elevated achievable norm of wellbeing, the privilege to instruction and the privilege to government managed savings.
3. Labor Practices is a term that envelop all the approaches and works on identifying with work performed for the association, including the enrollment and advancement of laborers; disciplinary and complaint methodology; move and migration of laborers; end of business; preparing and abilities improvement; wellbeing, security and mechanical cleanliness; and any strategy or work on influencing work conditions. The most significant financial commitments of an association are the creation
4. Environmental Responsibility is a precondition for the endurance and success of individuals. As the worldwide populace and worldwide utilization keep on expanding, a few natural and social dangers are presented. Contamination, utilization of regular assets, atmosphere changes, pulverization of normal living spaces, and loss of biodiversity are a portion of the natural issues secured by ISO 26000. Over the most recent couple of years, numerous associations are stepping toward getting earth and socially mindful.
5. Fair Operating Practices concern the manner in which an association utilizes its associations with different associations to advance positive results. These incorporate connections among associations and government offices, just as among associations and their accomplices, providers, temporary workers, clients, contenders, and affiliations which they have a place with. Reasonable working practice issues secured by ISO 26000 are hostile to defilement; duty regarding political association; reasonable rivalry; advancing social obligation in the worth chain; and regard for property rights.
6. Consumer Difficulties with respect to the social obligation are identified with, among different issues, reasonable advertising rehearses insurance of wellbeing and security, manageable utilization, question goal and review, information and security assurance, access to basic items and administrations, reference the requirements of defenseless and distraught buyers, and instruction.
7. Community Involvement and Development are two of the most significant activities that all the associations, open and private, can take towards building up a reasonable society. Social obligation issues through which an association can add to their networks remember their inclusion for and support for common organizations, advancement of culture and instruction, production of work openings and arrangement of full and safe access to current innovation. It can likewise contribute through social speculation, riches and pay creation and wellbeing advancement.
WHAT BENEFITS ARE OFTEN ACHIEVED BY IMPLEMENTING ISO 26000?
Any company performance on social responsibility can impact, in addition to other things:
A positive edge over its competitive companies
It expands your unwavering quality.
The ability to attract and hold laborers or individuals, clients, customers and clients
The upkeep of worker spirit, responsibility and efficiency
The impression of speculators, proprietors, contributors, supports and in this way the budgetary network
Relationships with organizations, governments, the media, providers, companions, clients and accordingly the network during which it works
PRINCIPLES of ISO 26000?
The seven key underlying principles of social responsibility:
Respect for stakeholder profits
Respect for the rule of law
Respect for international norms of behavior
Respect for human rights