Singapore is a city-state in maritime Southeast Asia located at the Southern tip of the Malay Peninsula. It is a free-market economy and the most pro-business country. It is the world’s 4th least corrupt country and has low tax rates. The main exports of Singapore include electronics, chemicals, and services. It is the 2nd largest economy and promotes innovation, encourages entrepreneurship, and ensures food security.
The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has developed more than 24491 ISO standards to address the needs and requirements of various business operations and management systems. ISO 45001 Certification is an internationally accredited ISO standard solely dedicated to Occupational Health and Safety Management system (OHSMS).
What is ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) standard?
ISO 45001 certification is an internationally recognized Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS) 45001 standard and provides a methodical framework to establish safe and healthy workplaces. An organization requires to conduct a risk assessment to detect hazards and work-related risks and implement an effective risk management plan to mitigate them. It provides a proactive approach for organizations and helps them to achieve occupational health and safety by preventing work-related illness, injuries and deaths.
How is ISO 45001 Certification beneficial in Singapore?
ISO 45001 is a generic standard that applies to most industries. Any organization, large and small, can apply for ISO 45001 certification, regardless of size, nature, and location. The implementation of ISO 45001 standards demonstrates an organization’s compliance with health and safety laws. The benefits of ISO 45001 certification in Singapore are as follows :-
- Enhances the confidence of customers and other stakeholders. It creates a better image of organizations and helps them win new businesses, clients, and customers. It is the world’s first standard for Occupational health and safety that demonstrates an organization’s commitment and ability to provide safe and healthy workplaces. The advantages ISO 45001 standard gives to an organization outweigh the cost of ISO 45001 Certification.
- ISO 45001 Certification helps in building the brand integrity of the organization and makes it more reliable and credible. ISO 45001 Certification compliance with all the national and international laws, regulations, and standards in a single framework to provide a holistic approach for organizations. It incorporates OHSAS 18001 and the international labour organization’s ILO-OSH guidelines.
- ISO 45001 standard provides a systematic approach to enhance the organization’s occupational health and safety performance. It follows a risk-based approach to detect potential hazards and work-related risks and offers appropriate tools and controls for organizations to eliminate them. It requires an organization to demonstrate leadership and commitment to ensure workplace safety and security.
Certification Process to Get ISO 45001 Certification in Singapore
ISO 45001 Certification aims to establish Occupational Health and safety (OHS) by eliminating work-related risks and hazards. It ensures mental and physical health within the organization. ISO 45001 standard demonstrates an organization’s ability and commitment to secure employees’ life and increases their efficiency and productivity. The ISO 45001 Certification process in Singapore is as follows:-
• Step 1: An organization requires developing and implementing an Occupational Health and Safety Management System standard according to the scope and requirements of the organization.
• Step 2: Performing an internal audit to check and review documents and evaluate the readiness of the organization.
• Step 3: Scheduling an audit with an accredited ISO certification body in Singapore.
• Step 4: On-site audit. An auditor will review the implementation of your Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) policy and processes to check compliance with the regulatory requirements.
• Step 5: Implementing corrective actions to eliminate the non-conformities.
• Step 6: Issuance of ISO 45001 certification.
• Step 7: To maintain compliance and effectiveness of the Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS), an organization must conduct an audit periodically.
ISO 45001 Certification specifies the requirements for Occupational Health and Safety Management System (OHSMS). It requires formulating policies and plans to reduce work-related incidents, such as deaths, injuries, and diseases. ISO 45001 Certification provides tools and techniques for an organization to adopt safe and healthy work practices. The cost of ISO 45001 Certification in Singapore varies from organization to organization depending upon many factors, including the size of the organization, the number of employees, the number of branches, and the ISO certification body selected by the organization. It requires complying with all the ISO 45001 standard requirements and improves the reliability and credibility of an organization.
You Might Also Like: