An anti-bribery management system demonstrates an organization’s ability to take proactive measures to prevent bribery. Corruption is a misuse of power and trust, and around 53% of the CEOs or high officials are aware of bribery within their organization; more than $1.5 trillion is the estimated annual cost of bribery, and 75% of the bribery incidents take place through intermediaries. To prevent these corrupt practices and implement ethical business practices, the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) has developed ISO 37001:2016 anti-bribery management system certification.
What is ISO 37001?
The ISO 37001 Documentation kit for Anti-bribery management system certification provides requirements and guidance for establishing an anti-bribery system. ISO 37001:2016 assures that an organization implements adequate control and addresses risks related to bribery and other forms of corruption. It follows a risk-based approach to identify potential threats and adopts policies and practices to eliminate them.
Benefits of ISO 37001 to organizations
ISO 37001 standards apply to every industry, small and large, regardless of nature and location. An ISO 37001 standard offers the following benefits to an organization:
- Instils an anti-bribery culture and implements appropriate controls.
- Requires an organization to adopt ethical business practices and processes.
- Creates a better reputation of your organization and expands your customer base as well as helps you win new businesses and clients.
- It lowers the costs and enables an organization to avoid regulatory fines as it requires strict compliance with all the laws, regulations and other standards related to anti-bribery.
ISO 37001:2016 Documentation kit for ABMS
ISO 37001 Manual– It has 10 Chapters and 4 Annexure
It contains a sample copy of the system manual and clause-wise details of the implementation of ISO 37001:2016. It consists of the context of organization, objectives, sample policy, scope, organization structure and requirements of ISO 37001:2016 from section 4 to section 10.
It has 10 chapters covering the company profile, amendment sheet, index and clause-wise details of ISO 37001:2016 and its implementation process.
ISO 37001 Procedure – It consists of 7 procedures
It contains a sample copy of mandatory documents of ISO 37001:2016 and covers all the details, such as purpose, scope, responsibility, a list of exhibits, reference documents and formats. in this ISO 37001 Documentation kit the list of sample procedures is as follows:
- Procedure for document and data control
- Procedure for corrective action
- Procedure for internal audit
- Procedure for management review
- Procedure for Bribery Risk Management
- Procedure for training
- Procedure for investigating and dealing with bribery
Process Approach – It contains 10 process templates.
It provides guidelines for processes, flow charts and process models for process mapping. It consists of process flow charts and activities of all the processes with an input-output matrix for the organization. It helps organizations in process mapping and preparing process documents. List of Process flow chart:
- Process Flow Chart of Customer Service
- Process Flow Chart of Dispatch
- Process Flow Chart of Engineering
- Process Flow Chart of Marketing
- Process Flow Chart of Production
- Process Flow Chart of Purchase
- Process Flow Chart of Quality Control
- Process Flow Chart of System Coordinator Processes
- Process Flow Chart of Stores
- Process Flow for Training Activity
Policy – It contains only 1 policy
It covers all the sample copies of policies related to ISO 37001:2016. Policies are directions provided by the management to achieve the desired outcomes. The list of policies:
Anti-bribery and Anti-corruption policy
Exhibits – It contains 4 Exhibits
It is a helpful tool that focuses on improving and implementing quality requirements and skill requirements. It also includes document identification and codification and the needs and expectations of the stakeholders. The list of exhibits is as follows:
- Exhibit for Skill requirements
- Exhibit for Multi skill requirements
- Exhibit for Document Identification and Codification System
- Exhibit for Needs and Expectations of stakeholders
ISO 37001 Forms and Templates – It contains 34 sample formats.
It has a sample copy of blank forms required to maintain records and establish controls. The samples guide the users, and the organization is free to change the same as per its requirements. There are 34 blank formats that can also be used as templates.
Filled Formats – It covers 17 sample-filled formats
It covers a sample copy of filled forms to maintain records and establish controls. These samples work as a guide for an organization and can be changed based on its requirements. The 17 sample formats can be used as templates.
ISO 37001 Audit Checklist – It contains more than 350 questions
It contains audit questions based on ISO 37001:2016 requirements for every department. It is an appropriate tool for auditors to prepare audit questionnaires for auditing. It is primarily used for auditing during an internal audit for ISO 37001:2016 Certification.
Sample Risk Assessment Sheet – It contains 1 excel sheet template
It is a ready-to-use risk template in an editable form used to prepare the risk document for the organization. It is given in excel format.
ISO 37001 Compliance Matrix – It contains 1 excel sheet template
It is a requirement-wise list of documented information given in the matrix to make it easy for the user to understand how the system works.
ISO 37001 certification is an internationally accredited anti-bribery management system standard. It provides tools and techniques for an organization to implement appropriate controls and policies to prevent bribery incidents and makes an organization more reliable and credible. ISO 37001 Documentation kit gives a competitive edge and access to the global market by showing the organization’s compliance with all the national and international laws and regulations. It is a cost-effective standard and increases the revenues of an organization.