becoming ISO certified in India is a rewarding achievement for any organization. The process of acquiring one is complex, but there are several steps you can take to ensure that your business meets the specific requirements for an ISO certification. Reaching this level of quality will benefit the business and customers and make it easier for more people to trust their products or services.
The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is an independent, non-governmental international organisation. It is an organisation with a membership of 167 national standards bodies.
What is ISO Certification?
An ISO Certification is documentation that the industry operates on the international standards defined by ISO (International organisation for standardisation). There are more than 22000 types of ISO Certifications covering almost every industry. However, some apply to most trades, such as ISO 9001.
Benefits of Applying ISO Certification in India
The ISO Certification offers the following benefits, it includes:
- A certificate assures that you have met requirements applicable to the organization and its products, services, and processes.
- It is internationally recognized and demonstrates your industry’s commitment to high quality. It enhances the international reputation as the gold standard of excellence in quality management.
- The ISO certification is the standard for quality management system and ensures that a company meets high-quality standards and contributes to a prosperous business around the globe.
- An ISO Certification indicates that the organization, its employees, and its systems have achieved specific training requirements.
- getting ISO Certified in india shows the reputation and credibility of a company. It also helps to establish consistent, reliable performance standards within your organization.
- ISO certificates are a non-negotiable requirement for all certifications. Before you can get iso certified, you must first get approved by the higher-level bodies and prove your knowledge of all ISO documentation.
How to get an ISO Certification in India
Issuing ISO certificates is an essential part of quality control in Indian industries. Worldwide certification bodies such as International Organization for Standardization (ISO), the American Society for Quality (ASQ), and American National Standards Institute (ANSI) are providing standards to businesses globally.
ISO certification is a class of quality certification standards that assures that a product or service (or a combination of products and services) meets specific requirements. An ISO certification body, such as an accreditation body or survey team, employs designations and other means to demonstrate that the manufacturer complies with relevant standards and guidelines.
- Determine the type of ISO Certification – You have to determine the ISO requirements in india for your organisation and select the type of Certification.
- Select an ISO Certification bodies – Choose a recognised and ISO Certification body to get iso certified in india. An external body offers certification to the organisations, as ISO does not provide certification directly.
- Creation of an application form
- Reviewing documents
- Making an action plan
- Conduction of initial certification audit
- Issuing certification
- Conduction of internal audits
Types of ISO Certification in India
ISO 9001- Quality Management System
ISO 9001 QMS is one of the most generic ISO standards. It defines the requirement for a quality management system. It promotes the manufacturing of good quality products and services, as it strives to deliver the same to its customers. It concentrates on creating the same quality products to meet customer and legal requirements
ISO 14001- Environment Management System
ISO 14001 Environmental Management System promotes an effective environmental management system. It integrates environment management practices with ISO 14001 standards and encourages efficient use of resources.
ISO 45001- Occupational Health and Safety Management System
ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety Management System enables the industry to provide safe and healthy workplaces and controls work-related injury and ill health.
ISO 22000 – Food Safety Management System
ISO 22000 Food Safety Management System promotes the implementation of an effective food safety management system. It aims to deliver safe and healthy food products to meet customer requirements.
ISO 37001 – Anti Bribery Management System
ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management System allows businesses to detect, control and manage bribery. It is a hallmark of trust and shows the industry’s adherence to complying with anti-bribery laws and regulations. It provides a framework to address the risks associated with bribery and corruption and makes the business credible..
ISO 13485 – Quality Management System for Medical Devices
ISO 13485 Certification also known as Quality Management System for Medical Devices, is a standard derived from ISO 9001. It demonstrates an organization’s capacity to supply quality medical products and ensures the quality of products and services related to medical devices.
ISO 41001 – Facility Management System
ISO 41001 Facility Management System provides a framework for effectively executing a facility management system in an organization. It incorporates distinct entities within the business to make the management system easier.
SOC1 – Service Organisation Control 1
SOC 1 Certification assures the conduction of SOC1 audit on the organization’s services concerning clients’ financial reports and information. It certifies that the company follows best practices to safeguard customers’ data concerning finance, security, privacy, and processing integrity.
General Data Protection Regulation which is the heart of European legislation on digital confidentiality. It requires companies to safeguard the personal information and privacy of EU citizens for transactions carried out within the EU Member States. And non-compliance could end up costing businesses.
ISO 27701 – Privacy Information Management System (PIMS)
ISO 27701 certification ISO 27701 Certification is a global standard that provides the framework for Privacy Information Management System (PIMS),
SOC 2- Service Organisation Control 2
SOC 2 is an auditing procedure developed by the American Institute of CPAs (AICPSs) that provides guidelines for managing customer data. SOC 2 focuses only on security and is designed for organizations that store company and customer data in the cloud.
Good Manufacturing Practices
GMP is also known as Good Manufacturing Practices. It requires strict compliance with the laws and regulations. It ensures the quality of products and is a requirement in pharmaceuticals.